Tuesday, June 2, 2009

When things go so right!

Yesterday, I went to my doctor's appointment. It was just routine. Kaye came to take care of the kids since I thought Colby would quite possibly be scarred for life after having the doctor check out things best left for when he's married. Kaye is extremely excited about having the baby and he keeps harassing me about contractions and wanting the baby to hurry up. Anyway, as I was going in, Kaye said, "Maybe the doctor will tell you that she wants to get the baby out early." Yeah, right. As if any doctor would tell a woman who has never had a problem with pregnancy that she wanted to take the baby out early just for the heck of it.

WELL, it turned out that YES!!! When she checked me yesterday, she says that my baby feels to be at least 8 pounds already, has dropped so low that it would take next to nothing to get him out, and my cervix is nice and soft and ready for labour. I am going back next week and she wants to strip my membranes really good and she hopes that will put me in labour. Of course, that isn't a guarantee, but she really wanted the baby out (she thinks that I'm done) and so I'm assuming that if my baby doesn't come soon after that, she'll talk induction. She was saying like the next 24 hours after she'd done the swipe.

Who would have guessed! I'm excited to have the baby probably by next week, 2 weeks early. Of course, my due date as per my LMP was supposed to be June 6th anyway. Still, we were working with June 19th, so I was prepared for another 3 weeks.

Oh, sidenote, I also weighed in at just 0.5 kg heavier than 5 weeks ago. Sweet! That brings the total up to only like 10 pounds this pregnancy. Of course, Elijah was like that as well and I inexplicably came out the same 15 pounds heavier even after I had him, but I'm being optimistic here. I'm happy. Gaining weight sucks. Hopefully, I'll be a mommy of 4 next week. Yeah for getting this little stinker out of me!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

So EXCITING!!!
I can't wait for this little guy to come. YAY for you!!!

Kathy T. said...

(jump,jump,jump)

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

(I'll jump for you)

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

That's probably the best news a doctor can ever give you at this point. I am always "done" at this time. Yay - again!

Randa said...

SWEEET!! You have totally done your time at this point and I totally LOVE A DOCTOR THAT COMES UP WITH LOVELY NEWS LIKE THAT!

Kimara said...

Push...Push...stop screaming!! Just thought I would remind you of what is to come those are the words Sean kept saying to me..plus I almost forgot his whining you are hurting me!

Exciting..get him out so I can give him a squish!

Joanne said...

ahhhhhhhh that is wonderful and I can't wait to see and meet this new little guy! good luck and post pics soooooon.

Nancy said...

that's awesome Kristen! I am so excited for you!!!!

Lisa C said...

hi! I read your blog. (how's that for an informal introduction?)

Thought you might appreciate this little jewel I found on someone else's blog.

Dear Tenant,
This is a formal notice of uterine eviction. You have two (2) days in which to either gather your belongings and promptly vacate the premises. After which, you will be physically removed from the property. You are being evicted due to breech of contract and destruction of property. Expansions only to the FRONT of the house, within reasonable limits, were discussed. Not only have these limits been exceeded, but additions to the back of the house were also made. Remodeling and gutting of the home was never approved, nor was changing the initial layout and base structure. And due to property damage, there are now leaks in both the upper and lower levels of the home. Any further problems will result in immediate and forceful removal.

Respectfully,
Your Landlord (aka Mom)