Friday, April 24, 2009

Am I just a cynic...or am I just sick of being pregnant?

SO.....I was doing some homework tonight and after doing this transcription, I think I want to barf. I guess I am just ridiculously grouchy and I'm just in a terrible mood....for the last couple of weeks, but really! Skip to the end, the rest is boring! "for referring this delightful gentleman to us"? This just oozes brown-nosing to me. ARG! The fake overly politeness just kills me! Wow, I really do sound like a cynic!

*Please note, I will probably return to my normal, somewhat cheerful self in about 8 weeks time. Until then......


002614

DIAGNOSIS: Pathological stage C, moderately differentiated adenocarcinoma of the prostate.
Underwent radical retropubic prostatectomy on ___. At the time of surgery, the patient was found to have a positive surgical margin in the lateral and posterior aspects of the left lobe. The patient received the following radiotherapy.
___ 25 fractions using 10 of the protons and ___ technique to the prostate bed. Following this, the patient received a boost to the prostate bed from ___ at 1978 centigray in 11 fractions using 10 of the protons in bilateral arc technique.
During therapy, the patient had complaints of urinary frequency and radiation proctitis. The patient tolerated these side effects satisfactorily.
The patient will be seen for routine followup in 1 month’s time.
Thank you very much for referring this delightful gentleman to us and it is a pleasure to participate in his health care with you.

4 comments:

Kathy T. said...

I think your material leaves something to be desired and is no way reflective on you being cynical.

I think your clinical terms mean that this man has prostate cancer and to thank whoever for referring him and to comment on his delightfulness (while going through rather uncomfortable testing) seems somewhat innapropriate to me - I'm just saying...

Anyhow, I think you need a girl's day out! Think Spa, or give me a call next time your in town and we'll do something funner than transcription - I promise!

Stephanie said...

LOL!!
I have to say I am so jealous you are doing transcription. I have a much loved machine sitting collecting dust in my basement that I just cannot get rid of in hopes of one day hearing the clicking of the stop/start buttons. Hang in there... the best is yet to come!!!

Joanne said...

eek that is not fun but you can't say that doctors aren't trying to be nice!!! keep up the good work and this lovely pregnancy shall too pass ( and your doctor can tell the nurses- thank you for having this lovely lady in to have her baby so easy peasy fast!).

Randa said...

If it helps - I am NEVER that friendly. We do totally need to do a girls night out though next time you are down!