Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Glue Happy

I did post this on facebook, but I thought I would rewrite it for any who missed it. It was classic Colby.

Yesterday afternoon, I noticed some white stuff on the floor, which I realized was white school glue. I didn't quite get it, until I noticed some more a little ways off. After further investigation, I found glue on 2 stools, under a cup, a bowl, and my chocolate milk syrup. I found Colby with the glue bottle....of course.

Mom: Colby, what are you doing?!?
Colby: (Moan) Ugh.......(drops the glue bottle right at his feet and walks away).

I proceeded to clean up all the glue. Later that night, as I was making the treat for FHE, I found glue on another stool. Elijah brought me a car key, covered in, you guessed it, white glue.

I sat down at my computer desk this morning to find glued to it a business card from the Australian Consulate, a green sheet of paper that said "Blessed are the peacemakers", my mouse pad, and a ballpoint pen. As I sat to type this entry, I tried to move a little toy cell phone and, yep, it's stuck to the desk too!

When I questioned Colby once again, his reply was, "I have no idea what I was doing."

Typical.

Yes, my house is that messy that I have various things littering the surfaces of everything.

P.S. I did take the glue away from him the first time. I obviously just didn't hide it well enough.

6 comments:

Kathy T. said...

Why? I really don't understand the lure of trouble for kids. It's like they have natural gift. Why couldn't that gift be for something helpful. Like a need to pick up toys.

Punky kids - you just gotta love them - or go crazy trying...

Stephanie said...

So worth the second read!!!
I feel for you.. my "trial" was vaseline.

Randa said...

Is it worng to plan on never telling Kyan or Melia what white glue is? We already did the vasaline and I soooo dont want to do glue as well!!

Kimara said...

With london it was always markers! Not alway the washable kind. This to shall pass....and believe me you will miss those little messes!!

Nancy said...

Isn't it lovely, not that you don't have enough on your plate already!!! My two year old is into everything and it is driving me crazy! Kids got to love, right? He He!!!

Joanne said...

hee hee that is horrible. Kami gets into my scrapbooking markers and colours everything..herself included. it's all good and luckily it cleans up fairly easily right???