Thursday, December 9, 2010

What Every Mom Wants to Hear

I have been quite fortunate with all my children never having a run-in with lice. There is one positive thing about having boys. Their hair is so short you usually don't have to do too much worrying. Not right now though!

Last night I got a phone call from Marcus' Cub leader Lena. She thought it best to warn me ASAP that at Cubs last night, there was a little boy present with a very advanced case of lice. The worst part about it was that the mom, unaware of what it actually was, proceeded to try to rub and pick it out, WITH MARCUS SITTING RIGHT BESIDE HIM!!! SICK, SICK, SICK!

Of course, she didn't get a chance to call me BEFORE I patted Marcus on the head, laid down to read Harry Potter on his bed with him, and pulled my hair out of a ponytail and finger combed my hair. ARG! I'm sort of freaking out a bit!

Suffice it to say, I proceeded to scrub, scrub, scrub, until my head was raw. All our clothes and bedding into the wash, and tea tree oil all over Marcus' head. It's not as if I keep lice shampoo at home. Sort of the grossest thing ever!

Please, oh please, let us NOT be infected with lice.

3 comments:

Kathy T. said...

Ewww! I'm itchy just thinking about it. If you have room - throw the bedding and clothes into the freezer for 24 hours, put mayo on your head with saran wrap - if nothing else you'll have the most-healthiest hair ever. So sorry!

Stephanie said...

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!1
so not cool.
My best friend had lice too and she has as much hair as you, 10 times longer and her 3 girls too!! She did vaseline every single night and picked and picked and picked. I am crossing my fingers for you girl!

Randa said...

shudder. Im going to do my best to not think about it. I always tell Melia that we have to brush/wash her hair or bugs will grow in her hair. It works to reduce whining! But still I shudder to think of it realistically! I will hope for you as well.