Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The land of the rising sun part 2

Sooooooo, apparently I didn't really explain what exactly had happened with Kaye. He did in fact go to Japan on a business trip last week. I'm not quite sure how people 'live apart' from their spouses on a regular basis. I thought that being alone was awful. Anyway, it was a bit of a lame post yesterday but I was in a rush. I'll put some more pics on here from his trip.

This is Kaye and Shogo shopping. Shogo lived with us for a month when he came to Canada to work at the plant with Kaye.

This is Wagyu beef...apparently costing around $300 a pound. Kaye was fed it like 3 or 4 times. He was living it up...the punk. (He said it was amazing...)

This is a Kei restaurant (pronouced the same as Kaye). It cost something like 10 000 yen for a plate. That is like $125 a plate Canadian. They even put your bibs on you. Hmmmm.....I don't know what how I would feel about that. I like my personal space a bit more than that. :) I'm glad he enjoyed it. It'll NEVER happen to him again...not on my bill anyway!

This is a gas station. The pumps come out of the roof instead of the ground. How crazy is that?!?

Kaye ALWAYS being the tallest of the bunch. This is the chef and waitress from the first night he was there. I think it would have been sweet.

Kaye absolutely loved it there. He even got to go to the Tokyo temple. He said it was beautiful. He said that it was just so busy though. I don't think that I would've ever lasted over there for a second. Oh well....something for Kaye to remember for a lifetime.

Oh, sidenote.....I went for an ultrasound and I found out that I'm due about June 19. I guess that's a good a time as any! :)

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Making a bit more sense now... but WHY did he go? Why did he get such good meat? How long was he gone? Why didn't you find out what you were having?! :D
..obviously I am hard to satisfy..

Kathy T. said...

Looking at your pictures - the movie ELF comes to mind and I hear Kaye exclaim, "What do you mean I'm not Japanese!"

I love it! Oh congrats on the date - but I'm like Steph - are you finding out what your having???

Joanne said...

I finally had a moment and loved your last couple of posts. great pictures Kaye! That looked like a fun trip!. did Shogo come back with him? And remember ifyou have a girl--- i have clothes for you!! ( sorry I know I just jinxed it for you- i'm sorry)

Nancy said...

Sounds like tons of fun for kaye! Who could live like that? $125.00 a plate, crazy!!!!!! So june, that's a nice time, summer babies are great!!!