Friday, November 28, 2008

She really is THAT great!

Now, I realise that I'm a bit of a nut when it comes to baking, cooking...that sort of thing. I love all things yummy (as I'm sure you can tell from looking at me:) and I LOVE Ree Drummond AKA The Pioneer Woman. She is FANTASTIC! She's like a Martha Stewart who is NOT all stuck up. I know, I really do love Martha too but sometimes her food is just so..... 'healthy' and fancy. The Pioneer Woman has easy, yummy, and very entertaining recipes. She seriously is hilarious.

What brought on this "love fest" you might ask? Homemade cranberry sauce! Yummy! I am so using this recipes for Christmas. As well as her beans wrapped in bacon, as well as her buns, and quite possibly her cornbread stuffing.

She lives out in the middle of nowhere on a cattle ranch so all the stuff she uses is stuff you would have in your house or stuff that is very easy to get. No fancy shmancy stuff for her. AND her favorite thing is BUTTER. She is too good.

Either way, I love her and I'm sure that you will too. If you are ever looking for a new recipe source....try her out. She is so fun to read. I am obsessed with checking out her cooking blog at least once a day. www.thepioneerwoman.com ...you won't regret it!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

very excited to check her out!

Stephanie said...

So. I just saw your blog on my bloglist.. And can I say that almost every time I see it all I want is COOKIES?!?!?!

Kathy T. said...

We were just discussing sweet humble Martha today... I think she would be a little more endearing (and humble) with a little sense of humour... hmmmm...

and I have to say, I'm craving turkey all of a sudden...

mishel said...

I have to confess I spent a few hours one day on the pioneer website reading the story of how she went from city girl to pioneer woman. It is a really good love story of how she fell in love with her Marlbouro Man.