Monday, January 26, 2009

Thank goodness!

Thank goodness for moms!!!







Before






After




Before

After



Although, this style for Colby isn't at the top of my favorite looks...it has vastly improved since our little 'mishap.' Thank goodness. That poor child, you couldn't take him out anywhere.


Okay, number 2 on my list of topics for this mornings blog....thank goodness for the bus!!

Please look PAST my living room window and AT the bus...stopped right in front of my house!!
Right before Christmas, I was helping at Marcus' school for hot lunch and a lady that lives behind me told me that she had been fighting to get a bus up on the hill where we live. The kids have to walk about 3 blocks every morning to the 'big' school (4-12 school) and then catch a bus (with a $100 price tag per child per year) another 3 blocks to Marcus' school. It's ridiculous. The thing is that they won't allow the kids to cross the tracks so you must pay for the bus or drive your kids. Anyway, so I saw Tanya (from behind my house) and she won this whole bus thing. They started about 2 weeks ago to pick up the kids....right in front of my house. I cannot tell you have nice it is to KNOW everyday that Marcus is getting on the bus and getting off and NO ONE is getting to him before hand. What a sigh of relief!... especially when it is -35 like this morning. All he has to do is wait in the warm house until the bus pulls up. And as a bonus, he also has 15 more minutes to get ready in the morning!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am quite a bigger lover of the bus in front of my house also!! YAY for your friend for sticking to it.
And a big shout of to momma Jan and her amazing skills.. did she teach you some of those when she was visiting?! hehe

Kathy T. said...

Oh I am soooo jealous! I know I only live a few blocks from Jarom's school but I hate driving them and picking them up everyday! You are soooo lucky! Especially today when it's -41 with the windchill!

I also like how totally devasted Colby looks in the before picture and quite content in the after. Too funny!

Kimara said...

Oh the fights I have had with the bus and still haven't won. London has to be on for an extra 1/2 both ways because they won't let her off at the corner they have to go all around the loops until they are at our house! Poor kid! I am glad you won, that gives me hope to renew the fight. The haircuts are great! I love your mom!