Monday, January 19, 2009

Woopsie!


I know that you never start buzzing someones head at the front. I KNOW that! Did I follow what I knew.....absolutely not! As previously mentioned, Colby was desperately in need of a haircut. With his cowlicks, his hair sticks up at funny directions and looks REALLY bad when not kept nice and short. SO...I decided to take a stab at it and see if I could make his hair look any better. THIS WAS NOT THE CASE!!!



This is ridiculous I know, but I do not own hair clippers (which will not be the case the next time I hit a Costco :) ). My mom, of course, has always cut everyones hair. This has become increasing difficult due to the amount of time that we see them. Also, I'm trying to be an independent person...not counting on Mommy all the time. Anyway, so I don't have clippers, BUT, Kaye does have a beard trimmer to trim his sideburns. Having used these before to trim up the back of Colby's head I didn't think this would be an issue. This was not the case.

I put it on the highest setting but it didn't want to snip anything. I tried the back first and then the front. Nothing. I then proceeded to put it to the lowest setting and tried it again...just at the front. Not a good idea. It worked...a little too well :) Hee Hee! Poor kid. After that, he decided that he didn't want his hair cut anymore. Actually, he didn't even want to get his hair cut in the first place!


He was super upset with me. He told me that he didn't want to look like Grandpa, which made me laugh even more than I was already. I called my mom and told her the story...and now, she's going to save me. She told me to put down the scissors and the clippers and STOP massacring my sweet child's hair. She's going to be super Grandma and come fix it in a couple of days or so. Okay, so I'm not all that independent!

He's just going to have to wear a hat for a couple of days. I think I need a haircutting lesson. :)

Oh, he actually was upset....The pictures are misleading. He is just such a ham.

*UPDATE* The funniest thing is that Marcus just came home from school and was so excited about Colby's hair that he begged me to do the same to him!! What the heck?!?

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

SO FUNNY!!!
You need to have your mom stop by Wally World and pick you up a set of clippers on her way! I love mine. I have become a slight "master" with the #3 & #4 hehe.
But Kristen.. baby steps!
Gotta love moms!!!

Randa said...

he he he you should have seen what i did to Vance's hair this last time i cut it. he was quite traumatized. all i intended to do was trim the back so we could get rid of the mullet look (which was very wrong by the way). Apparently you cant just cut straight across the back when the hair is long. in my defence though - when he wants me to cut it i usually have to buzz the back so it doesnt matter how i cut it. he will be more specific about what he wants though next time he asks for a cut. we may have to call your mom too =)

Kathy T. said...

Oh Kristin - you gave me a good laugh today - thank-you and thanks to Colby too!

I am a hair proffesional! Buzz-cut with #1-4 yet still Jarom gets the look of terror whenever I get the clippers out - I don't know why...

Kimara said...

That is hilarious! Lookin like Grandpa. It is wonderful that you mom will come and rescue her. Those pictures are so funny. Sean let me cut his hair ONCE. Good thing he was working construction and could wear a hat only Sunday was a problem!