Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Words of Wisdom......

Not mine! I need some!

Question of the hour.....I love my children, really really do. But, I do NOT love their screaming. Ever since moving to lovely Trochu and having absolutely no friends, my children's screaming has increased dramatically. I get phone calls from people asking if there is something (behaviourly speaking) wrong with Elijah and openly wondering why my children do no have laryngitis! Oh, and let's not forget about the grocery store incident. It's bad...really bad....and if I don't do something about it soon, I am pretty sure I won't have any hair, or eyebrows for that matter, by the end of the summer. All my super smart mommy friends, I am in need of suggestions. Any ideas to help them quiet down that they might actually think is fun? I'd love to know what tricks you can come up with!

Love,

Going crazy and losing my hearing while I'm at it!

4 comments:

mishel said...

Buy an acreage. I'm serious. Then your nosey neighbours won't hear them and therefore won't comment. Know that you are not alone,I think my kids and your kids could have competitions. Why is that little boys have high pitched ear piercing screams? Joey just about deafens me on a regular basis. I'm gonna need a hearing aid by the time I'm 40! I too would love to hear any ideas!
Hang in there!

Kimara said...

I don't have little ones anymore but....do you have a basement? Lock them in and ignore them. Hey I don't mean the kids I ment all the nosey neighbours and do-gooders in town. Let the kids be kids it sure doesn't last long :0) You can do it you are an awesome mommy

Joanne said...

i have nothing. sorry- oh wait I find that duct tape works wonders. did you know they come in all different colours? you can even try to match their outfits.

Mona said...

I'm using a spray bootle with water in it on my dogs and it's working. You could try that!