Thursday, March 5, 2009

You know they are sick when....

I have learned the importance of the flu shot. I have never bothered with them before but this week was absolutely miserable. Marcus caught something and brought it home with him on Friday or so, and each one of us has taken our turn with it. We have literally been through bottles of Tylenol for fevers, cough syrup for Marcus, and unbelievable amounts of tissue. I have not been that sick in probably 5 years. It was crazy! The last to get it is Elijah and he is just so cute when he's calm that I couldn't help but capture him sitting and NOT screaming...for once. Next year, we are all going to be getting that darn flu shot! Wow am I glad that I'm over that one!

* Note: Please ignore the state of my son's shirt. I'm sure you all understand.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I just gotta say, sometimes (ok let's be real) 99% of the time sick kids ROCK! They are so sweet and snuggly and yes, calm. I do enjoy those sweet moments!
That being said.. I am totally anti flu shot! So, let me know how it works for you next year.
p.s. I really do want a cookie right now :(

Kathy T. said...

Ahhhh -poor boy!!!!

I hate it when my kids are sick - except - for the fact that now their energy level is somewhat comparable to mine now and I can almost keep up!

The Gilmours said...

I agree with you ladies! I love the snuggles that go along with the sick kids...and the fact that I can finally keep up with them! --Des