Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Happy Birthday to Colby!


First off, everyone knows how I feel about baking. I cannot tell you the joy I feel with I find "the one" recipe...the best of the best. This icing for cupcakes IS the best of the best. It is the perfect topping for a delicious cupcake...not too sweet yet totally addictive. D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S! You must try it, you must, you must, you must! www.ourbestbites.com/2008/09/perfect-cupcake-frosting-and-filling.html I made these for Colby's class. Yummy!

Since I have this insane love for baking, I let my kids pick absolutely any type of cakey thing they want for their birthday. When I asked Colby, he said, "A jello cake!" I assumed he meant a poke cake where you poke holes and pour Jello into the holes. Completely wrong. He wanted a big huge lump of plain old jello. Ummm...whatever! It was his birthday right?

At least he enjoyed it! What a kid!


5 comments:

I would Love to. said...

Wow, what a cake. When you first told me I imagined a oncoloured blob of jello. At least yours had some class.

Kimara said...

My brother always got a jello cake and loved it! That frosting looks yummy I may just try it!

Randa said...

I totally love that kind of jello cake! The frosting I must try as well of course - delicious and pretty, lovely combination =)

Kathy T. said...

Kristen you are so creative!!! The Jello-cake looks better than any cake I've made!

You've got the super-talented cooker-genes! Yummo!

Kathy T. said...

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLBY!!!!