Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Because I know you will be riveted!

Or....it's because I've seen so much of this and I even though no one tagged me, I feel some strange need to get it out. I am going to tell you some random things about myself. I LOVE reading peoples little random things. I don't know why, but I find it immensely fascinating. So, hopefully you will get a little laugh from my crazy life....or something like that.

1. I renovate my house....in my imagination, at least once a day, top to bottom. I really want to actually do it obviously, but since I can't, I like to imagine it all the time. This is my defense to the nightmare. Scary dream? Don't worry, just start thinking about a new kitchen and it will all go away!

2. I absolutely refuse to have cable at home. I have come to the conclusion that there are not enough hours in the day to take time away from my family and responsibilities to do something that is sketchy at best. Therefore, I have never watched an episode of Grey's Anatomy, Lost, Bones, even Gilmour girls for goodness sakes, or anything remotely resembling a series from the last 3 years. If I do have the chance at my mothers to sit and watch something, I choose a reality show on TLC or HGTV so I don't get hooked to anything. I'm so behind the times it scares me. That being said......

3. I LOVE DAWSON'S CREEK! I don't know how to stress this enough. This is the obsession that has scared me off of TV. It makes me feel like a teenager again and makes me remember all the wonderful things about not being a mom. I remember sitting in my Grandma Kwong's living room in Melbourne watching it with my brother Matt and him getting upset if anyone said even a peep as to not miss a single second of the BEST SHOW ON EARTH! I have recently procured the last 4 seasons and I have missed many an hour of my family and responsibilities because of this mind-numbing obsession. Alas, I'm a total hypocrite. Luckily, I'm only a couple episodes from being finished the entire series so when I am done, I will put away my series for at least a year.

4. I spent what would have been, my graduation weekend on my honeymoon. I came back and watched all my friends graduate on TV and cried for hours. That was one of the few times in my life that I felt like I missed out.

5. My dad technically graduated high school for me. While I was finishing my classes through correspondence, I had a really difficult time with math and science. These were my last courses and it had been such a long time since I had done those courses that I had literally forgotten everything. Luckily, my dad is a teacher of those very subjects, so I got him to help me. I was at my deadline and just HAD to get my assignments in. He basically told me what to put, then made me swear to study super hard for my finals. I promised and sent my modules in. A couple of days later I got a phone call from the teacher who told me I was exempt from finals because I did such a good job on my modules. So, essentially, my dad graduated for me. Suffice it to say, this went against my dad's morals and he was not in the least impressed. I was pretty happy though. :)

6. I LOVE Jane Austen. I think that she is one of the most brilliant women of all time. I continually have one of her novels being read and never tire of them. My favorite movie of all time is the BBC version on P&P and it happens to be my favorite book as well. I love to read things about her and her life, and I also LOVE to read fictional books about her life as if they really happened. The only problem with it is that I feel terribly guilty doing that because she was such a private person and didn't want people knowing who she was. I can't help but think that she is up in Heaven cringing because so many people keep prying in her life. I don't want to meet her in Heaven and have her hate me because I was a nosy little busybody! Man, am I ever a geek!

This became WAY longer than anticipated, so I will stop here. I hope you found something interesting or at least entertaining about some random things in my life. I love to hear others, so start spilling. :) Oh, and thank you for humoring me!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love your dad.. and now I love him more!!
You really are behind the times. BUT the best way to go about life is (ask Joanne cause she knows it now too) BXO SETS! Rent away sista. Gotta watch Grey's. You really do! Ok. maybe you are better than me. Addiction just might be my middle name.
When Morgs was born I laid in bed for a few months watching Dawson's Creek every morning while I nursed him. I heart Dawson's Creek.
Loved your fun facts!!!

The Gilmours said...

Where was your dad when I took Math and Science? Why did my dad have to be a social worker?!!!

Thanks for sharing your fun facts.

Randa said...

i am so with you on the cable thing! no cable equals: way less wasted tv hours, slower speed of your brain turning to mush AND i dont have to book my life around 'what is on tonight"! That being said - im quite sure i would be totally addicted to everything if i had channels so i am staying far far away!!!