Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The things kids say!

I just love hearing about the silly things that little kids say. They are so honest and inoccent. Colby is just one of those kids. As you know, he talks A LOT and he's always got a good bit of wisdom or just something absolutely ridiculous to share.

Last night for FHE, it was his turn to pick the closing song. I asked him what he would like to sing and he wasn't really cooperating so I thought I'd help him along. It went something like this.

Mom: What song do you want to sing Colby?
Colby: I don't know.
Mom: What about I am a child of God (usually a winner).
Colby: Not that one again!
Mom: Well, what about Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam?
Colby: No, I don't want to sing that.
Mom: Okay, what about I'm Trying to be Like Jesus?
Colby: Yeah, that's a good one!
Mom: Do you know that one?
Colby: No, but I think that I need to hear it. (Said in a very sombre and serious tone.)

It was just so funny. Kaye and I just looked at each other and burst out laughing. I just love that they have no idea how hilarious they are sometimes. Ahh! The fun parts of being a parent.
:)

6 comments:

The Gilmours said...

Yes! These are the sweet times that you can forget about the screaming kids out in public (I think the same way that a mother forgets about childbirth)and the fights between the sibs at home...these precious moments are definately the times that make parenting worth all the effort! -Des

Stephanie said...

Oh I love it!!
And I love that we can pop onto the computer and share those moments AND keep them in writing!!

Randa said...

My favorite thing right now is listening to Melia talk to her friends. They are so grown up and polite and articulate so many things that i am just constantly surprised how they relate to eachother. eg. melia and brenna at playgroup today:
b:i brought kyan his blankie
m:oh good that will make him happy. we forgot it at your house.
b:yes i came to your house and then you came to my house.
m:yes it was very fun.

really that polite and strange!

Kimara said...

Kristen that is so funny and sweet. Kids really do say the funniest things. I am so glad that we all got to share in the laughter!

Kathy T. said...

I think my kids' needed to hear that song too - although I'm sure they won't admit it as freely as Colby does...

FHE - (sigh) sometimes can be such a challenge - so nice to funnies to remember too!

Joanne said...

hey I really love the new blog look! and your kids are so fun!