Thursday, September 11, 2008

How much do you love your husband?

I really really love my husband. He is loving, kind, makes me laugh, is a total goof, extremely generous, and hard working. We have a great marriage. He is just so lucky that I feel this way!!!!!

This morning, this darling man called me asking for a favour. Not just a run of the mill "can you bring me something to eat" sort of favour...no that would be too easy. The favour for this morning was washing work gloves! Kaye, as you may know, works for Sunterra Meats, a PIG processing plant. I have to admit, I wasn't too worried about it. I've done my share of laundry. BUT, I was not prepared for the task that met me.

Kaye had one of his supervisors come give me the gloves and....a GAS MASK!! I was shocked. Was it that bad??? Apparently, yes. Even with the gas mask they stunk...AND...they were so bad it made my eyes water. WOW! Really, really not prepared for that. I deserve something special for this one.






* Mmmm...pig blood.
* I was really not looking forward to lugging this into the house. Please note the blood stains on the bottom of the bag.
* Me suiting up for the job....

4 comments:

The Gilmours said...

Hmmm...maybe dinners on him tonight, eh?
gilmourfam.blogspot.com

Kathy T. said...

Yuk! Yuk! Yuk! I would say that Kaye owes you big time. What a great wife you are! Hey drop me an e-mail and I'll invite you to my blog.

katanner0123@yahoo.ca

Joanne said...

GROSSSSSSSS! you are so fabulous dahling for doing that- i think dinner out on the town is in the works and then find a good laundress will do this for him in the future???

Anonymous said...

That is completely disgusting. Did they leave them sit for a week or something before getting them to you? Tell him that you want something really nice in return...like a spa day or something. :)