Thursday, September 18, 2008

Life waits for no one....especially me.




For anyone who knows me, I love a good deal. I was raised by a coupon-clipping, flyer-reading, hit-every-store-before-buying-to-compare-prices kind of mom. I love my mom and the lessons that she taught me about being thrifty.

That is why I was so thrilled when I came upon this little number. Now, I probably wouldn't have picked this couch out as my favorite couch of all time, but that's okay. As I said, I love a good deal and this couch was only $300!! How could you say no to that? I totally LOVE Costco.

Totally on a different line of thought....I would love to be able to have one of those lives where you wake up in the morning and know just what is going to happen for that day and then, miraculously, it happens. I DO NOT have that kind of life. My darling husband has made sure that things are always changing. Case in point:

At the beginning of the week, I got a phone call from Kaye again. He had another great idea that I just had to say yes to. What was that idea? We had a Japanese man come to live with us....yesterday. Kaye really doesn't like to waste any time. We have been feverishly moving, cleaning, and reorganizing to be ready for the arrival of Shogo (I have no idea how to spell it but it sounds like show-go).


I have to admit, he is SUPER nice. He even got out his little electronic translater to tell me that my food was nice, tasty, and delicious, and gave Marcus and Colby adorable little boxes of candy (which won them over instantly) and us a box of....well, I have no idea what they are but they look nice. What a sweetie. What a night we had last night. Shogo doesn't speak more than about 10 English words. It was interesting trying to talk to him. We did get out of him that he has a 19 year old and 17 year old, which thoroughly surprised me. He doesn't look any older than Kaye!
This is the stuff that Shogo gave Kaye and I. I tried it, but Kaye was chicken and left it up to me. It is sort of jelly-like, but not very sweet. There were bean sort of things in it too. ?? Who knows, it was interesting but sweet of him to give us something.
I loved the cute little candy box that the kids got and the candies were cute too! Colby has already eaten half the box and I had to hide it.
I love the pattern on the boxes. :)

So, now we have a new couch and a man who we cannot understand sitting on it! Maybe one day life will calm down for me.

2 comments:

Kathy T. said...

Look at you guys! I don't know anyone more willing to turn their lives upside down helping others! Good for you!!! I love your couch! Great bargain shopping!!!!

Nancy said...

you got to love our husbands and their generous hearts?!?!?! I think i know as well as you do, good luck! I also have one of those kinds of moms and love a good deal, which sounds like you got a great one. It looks really comfortable.