Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Now, I realize that my blog is named Cookies Anyone? but I'm not going to share a cookie recipe just yet. First, I'm going to share a recipe for muffins. Why, you might ask? Because that's what I just baked. So there you have it. Muffins it is.

I love to bake, as my fluffy physique can attest to. I find great joy in creating something warm and comforting.....maybe I should take up quilting :)

Generally, I am a Martha girl. I usually turn to her first when I am in need (or want) of a good recipe, but recently I took my chances on a website called www.joyofbaking.com and it paid off! Every recipe that I have tried from there (with the exception of the chocolate cupcakes) has turned out magnificently. Try it, I know you will love it too!

Now, without further delay.....Strawberry Banana Muffins. Mmmmm!


1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled

3/4 cup brown sugar

2 large eggs, beaten

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 large ripe bananas, mashed

1 cup diced fresh strawberries

2 1/4 cups flour

1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tin (I like to grease it because it makes the muffins a tad crispy and that's good!)

In a medium bowl, whisk together the butter, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, and banana. Set aside.

In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Gently fold in the strawberries and make sure that they are well coated with flour. Coating them prevents your muffins from turning pink from the strawberries.

Add your wet ingredients to the flour/strawberry mixture and stir until just combined.

Spoon batter into muffin tin about 2/3 full. It says that it makes 12 muffins but mine usually makes more like 18. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden in the preheated oven. Enjoy!

*These are best the day you make them. They tend to get a bit dense and not as nice to eat after that.

Hope you get a chance to check out the website...and try the muffins. They are super yummy. Happy eating!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Well... according to Marcus, Kay is the one who bakes the cookies in your family - with NO OATMEAL!! That is what I learned when I taught him in class ;)
As for the muffins - yum!!

Nancy said...

that's a awesome recipe! Welcome to blogging! You need pictures on your site!!!! Love ya!